REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Ground, center and re-balance your nervous system to find steadiness in these turbulent times. While immersing yourself in the ancient practice of Yoga Nidra, you’ll experience deep rest and profound empowerment that will help you to be well and thrive. Through the practice of Yogic Sleep, you will gain tools to discover and maintain balance, work with habits that no longer serve you, expand your capacity for deep reflection, and more. Set in Olympic Valley, CA, this delightful 3-day mini-retreat will support you in all areas of your life.
A RESTFUL YOU
Join us for an impactful 3-days to consciously engage your life from a place of rest, alignment and empowerment. Yoga Nidra holds the power for deep rest, profound healing and the conscious creation of a fulfilling and purposeful life.
This training is designed to be digestible, practical and useful for yogis, curious inward travelers, and yoga teachers.
WHAT IS YOGA NIDRA?
Yoga Nidra is a practice that helps you access a state of harmonious, deep rest. From this place, you are able to calm the nervous system and access higher states of healing, restoration, and awakening. Through this sublime craft, you will experience less stress, better sleep, and greater access to your intuitive self.
The practice of Yoga Nidra draws your attention inwards as you learn to move between the states of wakefulness and sleep. It is here that your body and mind find their natural states of balance. Both unconscious and conscious aspects of the mind reveal themselves, and we surrender into a state of deep, blissful awareness. While resting, you will easily and effortlessly turn your attention to the very nature of awareness and consciousness. You may become aware of your true nature – expansive, inclusive and divinely peaceful – while also experiencing your interconnected wholeness to life.
It is a practice you can easily integrate into your daily to help balance your busy life, invigorate clarity and develop a capacity for deep self-reflection.
THIS TRAINING WILL EXPLORE HOW TO:
- Rest deeply and relax completely.
- Discover a lasting sense of abiding peace.
- Cultivate the capacity to engage life with clarity, presence, vitality and meaning.
- Create the optimal inner conditions to discover your purpose and fulfill your potential.
- Tap the wellspring of vitality to restore your energy reserves.
- Learn to successfully shift those hard-to-break habits.
- Digest past experiences and traumas in a nourishing and effective way.
- Work passively to restore resilience and your ability to meet stress in a healthy way.
- Live well and thrive!
Who This is For
General Public – All who are open curious are welcome to attend this Yoga Nidra Intensive. Each of the practices will be suitable for any level, ability, age, etc. This workshop will be very useful for:
- Yogis of any level or ability that would like to deepen their practice in a profound way
- Those who are affected by insomnia, anxiety and/or trauma
- Those who are seeking wellness from stress, injury and/or disease
- Psychologists, hospice workers, those who work with troubled youth, etc.
- Yoga teachers who would like to learn more about the roots, practice, and goals of yoga nidra to share with private clients and/or group classes
Alaya Yoga School Teacher Trainees - For those enrolled in the Alaya Yoga School Advanced Training Program, you have the option to register for the additional Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Tract to receive 25 Hours towards your 300 Hour Certification. In order to receive those 25 hours towards your certification, you will need to:
- Register for the teacher training tract which is an additional $150
- Participate in and/or listen to the 3 online forums scheduled after the training is complete
- Complete a short homework assignment
- Have completed the AYS 200 Hour Training Program or another similar program
Yoga Alliance Registered Teachers – If you are a yoga teacher registered through Yoga Alliance, successful completion of this course will give you 25 Yoga Alliance Approved CEUs, or 25 CEUs if you complete the Teacher Training Tract.
About the Experience
Join us at the beautiful Palisades Yoga Studio in Olympic Valley, CA for 3 fulfilling days of nourishing practice, engaging teachings, and welcoming community. The studio has all of the props you will need for the weekend, lodging and food is available right in the Village at Palisades where you are just steps away from the studio. We are expecting both local and out-of-town students so there are lots of opportunities to share housing, rides, etc... Once registered, you will be invited to join our private forum to connect with Immersion participants.
WHAT IT ENTAILS
In this 25HR Yoga Nidra intensive, we will cover:
- Modern research/science supporting the practice.
- History and philosophy of the practice.
- Its benefits and practical applications.
- The fundamental steps of a yoga nidra session and the purpose behind each.
- Customizing sessions for yours or your clients' individual needs and circumstances.
- A variety of variations in which to script a session.
- How to integrate yoga nidra therapeutically into a regular plan for well-being.
If you also register for the Add-On Teacher Training Tract, through additional on-line sessions (after the in-person immersion), you will learn the finer points of creating and leading authentic, potent Yoga Nidra Sessions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The immersion will run from 9:30-6:30pm Friday and Saturday with a 2-hour break for lunch. And 9:00am-5:30pm on Sunday with a 90-min lunch break.
Each day will include:
- Dynamic engaging discussions on the practice of Yoga Nidra and its effects.
- Gentle, nourishing movement practices to prepare the body and mind optimally for the Yoga Nidra sessions. Suitable for all levels and abilities.
- Guided Yoga Nidra sessions to experience deep rest.
- Break-out groups and exercises that will help you to customize and integrate the practices in a way that is relevant to your needs.
(the following is information for Yoga Teachers, however, all are welcome to attend this powerful immersion)
This training is part of The Alaya Yoga School 300-HR Advanced Teacher Training Program. You may combine this module with other 100, 50 and 25-HR trainings to acquire your 500-HR Yoga Alliance Certification. If you are not part of the Alaya Yoga School Advanced Training Program, no problem! You will earn 25 Yoga Alliance Approved CEUs for Registered Teachers.
E-RYT 500 Co-Founder, Alaya Yoga School
Meg is passionate about sharing the full, rich teachings of yoga and meditation in a truly experiential way that helps us to positively transform and enrich our lives. Having worked as a yoga therapist for over a decade, she is continually inspired by the vitality of the human spirit and the power of yoga to help us tap into a source deep inner-peace and well-being.
She been sharing the yoga life with all kinds of seekers for over 22 years and is the Co-Founder of the Alaya Yoga School; a Wanderlust Presenter and Teacher Trainer; featured teacher on Gaia; and the original founder of Simple Yoga and Wellness Studio. She is a passionate community builder and gives talks, leads teacher trainings, satsangs, workshops and retreats all over the world.
E-RYT 500, Reiki Master, CMT
Lauri Glenn is a Mindful Yoga and Meditation Coach/Teacher, Reiki Master, Teacher and Bodyworker based in the Tahoe/Reno area. Her focus is in Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga as a therapeutic model. Her experience in wellness practices spans nearly 25 years. She works one-on-one with clients, as well as offering corporate, public and group instruction. She leads courses in Meditation, Reiki, yoga, as well as retreats and events such as Wanderlust Festival Squaw Valley and Envision in Costa Rica. She honors her teachers deeply: Meg McCraken, Ashleigh Sergeant, Josh Summers, Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach and more. Her passion is empowering people on a path of exploration and discovery to awaken to their healthiest, happiest life. Contact Lauri: email@example.com
If you have more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of $375 for General Public: Includes 3-days of immersion into the practice and theory of Yoga Nidra, an in-depth Yoga Nidra Training Manual, audio recordings of the practices.
Payment of $550 for the additional Teacher Training Track: Includes all items listed above plus 3 extra online teacher training sessions to be held once the Yoga Nidra Immersion is complete to learn how to effectively share this powerful practice, and personal feedback from Meg on a Yoga Nidra session that you create and sequence.
- If canceled in writing 30 or more days prior to the training a full refund will be issued, less a $25 processing fee.
- If canceled in writing between 8-30 days prior to the training, and 50% refund will be issued.
- If canceled in writing 7 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued.
Alaya Yoga School reserves the right to cancel any program up to 14 days from the start of the program. In the unlikely event that AYS must cancel, all monies paid will be fully refunded.
For any questions about programming or registration, please email us at: email@example.com