Registration is now closed.
If you are interested in attending our next Yoga Nidra training, please get on the interest list below.
Get on the interest list for the next Yoga Nidra training
A RESTFUL YOU
Join us for an impactful 3-days to consciously create your new year from a place of rest, alignment and empowerment. Yoga Nidra holds the power for deep rest, profound healing and the conscious creation of a fulfilling and purposeful life.
This training is designed to be digestible, practical and useful for yoga teachers, yogis, and curious inward travelers.
WHAT IS YOGA NIDRA?
Yoga Nidra is a practice that helps you access a state of harmonious, deep rest. From this place, you are able to calm the nervous system and access higher states of healing, restoration, and awakening. Through this sublime craft, you will experience less stress, better sleep, and greater access to your intuitive self.
The practice of Yoga Nidra draws your attention inwards as you learn to move between the states of wakefulness and sleep. It is here that your body and mind find their natural states of balance. Both unconscious and conscious aspects of the mind reveal themselves, and we surrender into a state of deep, blissful awareness. While resting, you will easily and effortlessly turn your attention to the very nature of awareness and consciousness. You may become aware of your true nature – expansive, inclusive and divinely peaceful – while also experiencing your interconnected wholeness to life.
It is a practice you can easily integrate into your daily to help balance your busy life, invigorate clarity and develop a capacity for deep self-reflection.
THIS TRAINING WILL EXPLORE HOW TO:
- Rest deeply and relax completely.
- Discover a lasting sense of abiding peace.
- Cultivate the capacity to engage life with clarity, presence, vitality and meaning.
- Create the optimal inner conditions to discover your purpose and fulfill your potential.
- Tap the wellspring of vitality to restore your energy reserves.
- Learn to successfully shift those hard-to-break habits.
- Digest past experiences and traumas in a nourishing and effective way.
- Work passively to restore resilience and your ability to meet stress in a healthy way.
- Live well and thrive!
Who This is For
General Public – All who are open curious are welcome to attend this Yoga Nidra Intensive. Each of the practices will be suitable for any level, ability, age, etc. This workshop will be very useful for:
- Yogis of any level or ability that would like to deepen their practice in a profound way
- Those who are affected by insomnia, anxiety and/or trauma
- Those who are seeking wellness from stress, injury and/or disease
- Psychologists, hospice workers, those who work with troubled youth, etc.
- Yoga teachers who would like to learn more about the roots, practice, and goals of yoga nidra to share with private clients and/or group classes
Alaya Yoga School Teacher Trainees - For those enrolled in the Alaya Yoga School Advanced Training Program, you have the option to register for the additional Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Tract to receive 25 Hours towards your 300 Hour Certification. In order to receive those 25 hours towards your certification, you will need to:
- Register for the teacher training tract which is an additional $50
- Participate in and/or listen to the 2 online forums scheduled after the training is complete
- Complete a short homework assignment
- Have completed the AYS 200 Hour Training Program or another similar program
Yoga Alliance Registered Teachers – If you are a yoga teacher registered through Yoga Alliance, successful completion of this course will give you 21 Yoga Alliance Approved CEUs, or 25 CEUs if you complete the Teacher Training Tract.
About the Experience
Nestled in the Northern Rockies of Montana, surrounded by seven wilderness areas and at the confluence of three rivers, Missoula is a mecca for nature and serenity, as well as play and adventure.
We will be practicing each day at The PEAK Wellness Center which features a juice bar, full gym, relaxation lounge and child-care center. PEAK is nestled in the heart of downtown Missoula with a serene backdrop of snowcapped mountains.
WHAT IT ENTAILS
In this 25HR Yoga Nidra intensive, we will cover:
- Modern research/science supporting the practice.
- History and philosophy of the practice.
- Its benefits and practical applications.
- The fundamental steps of a yoga nidra session and the purpose behind each.
- Customizing sessions for yours or your clients' individual needs and circumstances.
- A variety of variations in which to script a session.
- How to integrate yoga nidra therapeutically into a regular plan for well-being.
If you also register for the Add-On Teacher Training Tract, through an additional on-line forum setting you will learn the finer points of creating and leading authentic, potent Yoga Nidra Sessions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The training will run from 9:00 am-6:00 pm each day with a 2-hour break for lunch.
Each day will include:
- Dynamic engaging discussions on the practice of Yoga Nidra and its effects.
- Gentle, nourishing movement practices to prepare the body and mind optimally for the Yoga Nidra sessions. Suitable for all levels and abilities.
- Guided Yoga Nidra sessions to experience deep rest.
- Break-out groups and exercises that will help you to customize and integrate the practices in a way that is relevant to your needs.
This training is part of The Alaya Yoga School 300-HR Advanced Teacher Training Program. You may combine this module with other 100, 50 and 25-HR trainings to acquire your 500-HR Yoga Alliance Certification. If you are not part of the Alaya Yoga School Advanced Training Program, no problem! You will earn 25 Yoga Alliance Approved CEUs for Registered Teachers.
E-RYT 500 Co-Founder, Alaya Yoga School
Meg is passionate about sharing the full, rich teachings of yoga and meditation in a truly experiential way that helps us to positively transform and enrich our lives. Having worked as a yoga therapist for over a decade, she is continually inspired by the vitality of the human spirit and the power of yoga to help us tap into a source deep inner-peace and well-being.
She been sharing the yoga life with all kinds of seekers for over 18 years and is the Co-Founder of the Alaya Yoga School; a Wanderlust Presenter and Teacher Trainer; featured teacher on Gaia; and the original founder of Simple Yoga and Wellness Studio. She is a passionate community builder and gives talks, leads teacher trainings, satsangs, workshops and retreats all over the world.
E-RYT 500, Reiki Master, CMT
Lauri Glenn is a Mindful Yoga and Meditation Coach/Teacher, Reiki Master, Teacher and Bodyworker based in the Tahoe/Reno area. Her focus is in Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga as a therapeutic model. Her experience in wellness practices spans nearly 25 years. She works one-on-one with clients, as well as offering corporate, public and group instruction. She leads courses in Meditation, Reiki, yoga, as well as retreats and events such as Wanderlust Festival Squaw Valley and Envision in Costa Rica. She honors her teachers deeply: Meg McCraken, Ashleigh Sergeant, Josh Summers, Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach and more. Her passion is empowering people on a path of exploration and discovery to awaken to their healthiest, happiest life. Contact Lauri: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have more questions, please contact email@example.com
Deposit: a $200 NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit will reserve your place.
All payments are due by January 15th
Early Bird Rate: $325 by Decmber 1st or for the first 10 people to pay-in-full
Regular Rate: $375 (all final payments are due by January 15th)
All payments are due by January 15th, 2020 otherwise you will forfeit your spot in the training. Space is limited.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- If canceled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the $100 deposit) will be issued.
- If canceled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the $100 deposit) will be issued.
- If canceled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued.
Alaya Yoga School reserves the right to cancel any program up to 30 days from the start of the program. In the unlikely event that AYS must cancel, all monies paid (including deposits) will be fully refunded.
IF YOU DO NOT MAKE YOUR FINAL PAYMENTS BY JANUARY 15th YOUR SPOT WILL BE OPENED TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAITING LIST AND YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT
For any questions about programming or registration, please email Jenn at firstname.lastname@example.org