Set on the southern pacific coast of Costa Rica, this training intensive is a deep dive into the philosophy, practice and worldview of yoga. The first half of the retreat you will be soaking up and learning to embody the teachings of yoga. You enjoy being in the seat of a student. The second half of the training will be a strategic and meticulous exploration of teaching techniques, leadership skills and the business of teaching yoga. You will take the seat of the teacher and find your unique voice. You will emerge from this nourishing experience with lived experience of this ancient system and full of powerful tools to help share them in the modern world.
Flō Retreat Center is a Health & Wellness Escape deep in the rainforest of South Pacific Costa Rica. Flō sits on 20 acres of secondary rainforest and used to house a small-scale cacao farm, so amongst the wild assortment of local flora, visitors will also see hundreds of cacao trees sprinkled throughout the property.
27 nights and days lodging in dorms (6 people per room), quads, triples and two double occupancy rooms rooms are available. Each room has A/C, Wifi and a mini-fridge. Linens, blankets, pillows and towels are provided for all guests.
Each day you will enjoy 3 local, organic meals provided by our personal chef. Delicious raw, gluten free, vegan/vegetarian and fish/chicken meal options will be available and a variety of exotic fruit from Costa Rica will be served daily.
Guests are encouraged to explore Flō’s expansive jungle trails, where they can play in SIX on-site waterfalls, a spacious river pool, and miles of winding rainforest paths. Plus, at just a quick 10-minute drive down the mountain (via 4x4 vehicle), Flō is only a quick stop from town, the many beaches of the South Pacific, and dozens of adventures, tours, and opportunities!
Alaya Yoga School is a Registered Yoga Alliance School at both the 200 & 500HR levels. At the completion of your 200 Hour Training/Intensive, you will receive an Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training Certification at the 200 Hour Level. If you choose you can then register your certification with Yoga Alliance for your 200 Hour Registration.
NEW YEAR'S EVE
Our event will include a conscious, celebratory event on New Year's Eve including music and a cacao ceremony. Please bring white clothes to wear on this evening ceremony as well as any sacred items you wish to place on our collective altar. We will usher in the New Year with clear minds, opens hearts and dancing feet.
As much as we all love yoga we wouldn't want you to spend your ENTIRE time in Costa Rica inside a yoga classroom! To maximize your experience of one of the most bio diverse places on the earth, you will have weekends "off" where you are free to explore beaches, local towns, waterfall hikes, horseback rides, paragliding, zip lines and more.
Learn More about Flō Retreat Center
This training will explore:
- Clear, healthy foundational alignment techniques for the yoga postures (asanas)
- The unique effects and benefits of each of the poses,
- Useful modifications for the varying poses
- The power of intention as it relates to yoga practice and everyday living
- The potent art of sequencing a personal, private or group practice for maximum, intentional effect
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga, demystified for practice in everyday life
- Therapeutic Yoga – tapping into the healing power of yoga
- Pranayama (breath practices) and the varying effects of different practices
- The power of meditation and different meditative techniques that can help to optimize mind and energy
- Tools for finding and optimizing your authentic voice
- The art and business of teaching yoga
ALAYA YOGA SCHOOL: IMMERSE
ASHLEIGH SERGEANT ERYT500
ARIELLE SHIPE ERYT500
If you have more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dorm Style Room (6ppl per room), single bunk beds, shared bathroom between two dorm rooms - $4,299 Dorm Early Bird $4,000 (ONLY 6 Early Bird Spots available)
- Cacao Cabinas (4ppl per room), single beds, private bathroom - $4,650 / Early Bird $4,350 (ONLY 4 available)
- Double Room (2ppl per room), two singles or one queen bed, shared bathroom with one other room - $4,850
*payment plans available: email email@example.com to inquire
- Tuition includes: 27 nights stay, 3 meals per day, a 200HR Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training Manual, New Year's Eve Celebration
- Tuition doe NOT include: Transportation to/from the retreat center, sales tax and credit card processing fees. A 3% processing fee will be added to all payments.
- Early Bird Rate is on a first come first served basis, once paid in full. A $1500 deposit will reserve your spot in the training. However, you will not receive the EARLY BIRD rate until you've paid in full, and unless you are one of the first 6 people to Pay in Full for a Dorm, or FOUR people to Pay in Full for a Cacao Cabina.
- ALL payments made after July 15th will be the FULL PRICE and are due by October, 15th.
- IF YOU DO NOT MAKE YOUR FINAL PAYMENT BY OCTOBER 15TH, YOUR SPOT WILL BE OPENED TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAITING LIST AND YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT
- All deposits are non-refundable AND non-transferable
- If cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the $1,500.00 deposit) will be issued.
- If cancelled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the $1,500 deposit) will be issued.
- If cancelled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued