The Alaya apprenticeship is an intimate (3-4 people/year) program designed to empower and certify you to teach Alaya 200HR Teacher Trainings.
This 300HR immersive program will give you everything you need to begin teaching your own successful training. As an Alaya Apprentice you will attend one Alaya 200HR Training and100HR of an Advanced Training led by Meg and Ashleigh where you will be a student, assistant and a leader. You will work closely with Meg and Ashleigh to learn all the necessary elements that go into planning, producing and leading a powerfully transformative training.
What It Is:
*Note: These 300HR also go towards your 1000HR Alaya Senior Teacher Certification
- 300 hour apprenticeship
- Apprentice for an Alaya 200HR Training taught by Meg and Ashleigh
- Apprentice for 100HR of Advanced Alaya Yoga Training taught by Meg and Ashleigh (must be a program you have already completed in your 500HR)
- As an Alaya Apprentice you will work as an assistant to Meg and Ashleigh, as well as a mentor and group facilitator for the students participating in the 200HR and 100HR Advanced Training
- The path towards becoming an Alaya 200HR Teacher Trainer
- Path towards becoming Alaya faculty and paid assistant or guest scholar for Alaya Trainings
- A deep immersion into all aspects of producing an event including but not limited to: curriculum creation, time management, budget projections, yoga training production, community building skills, leadership skills, business of yoga, holding space for a large group
- Thorough experiential training in self-care and energy management while in the seat of the teacher.
What You Get:
- Rights to use the Alaya 200HR Teacher Training Manual and Curriculum to lead your own approved 200HR Alaya Teacher Training
- All necessary manual and curriculum documents that Meg and Ashleigh have created to use as the materials your Alaya Training manual and curriculum
- A budget spreadsheet/cost management document for your event (potential income, expenses, costs and hidden fees for running a training)
- Support from Meg and/or Ashleigh on your first Alaya 200HR Training
- Access to pre-approved AYS Guest Scholars for your own trainings
- Yoga Alliance registry approval for your 200HR training
- 300 hours towards your 1000HR Alaya Senior Teacher Certification (upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship you will be a 800HR Alaya Yoga Teacher)
- Listed as an Apprentice on the AYS website during the program and as an AY Faculty member upon successful completion.
- Your approved AYS training listed on the AYS website
- Marketing promotion for your training through Alaya newsletters, social media and website (tap into the already existing student base Ash and Meg have created)
- Opportunities to be a paid guest scholar/assistant in AYS Programs
- Create an instantly viable revenue stream for your yoga teaching
What You Offer:
- $5,000 tuition for apprenticeship (plus 3% processing fee). Payment plans available for an additional fee.
- Your travel, lodging, food costs and expenses during apprenticeship events
- Alaya School Admin Fee: 10% net proceeds from your approved 200HR AYS teacher training will go to The Alaya School to cover certification, yoga alliance registration, marketing and administrative fees
What You Save:
- A whole shit ton of time and energy
- Gray hair
- Kidney stress
- Adrenal fatigue
- You must successfully complete all Apprenticeship Roles and Responsibilities in order graduate and receive all of the above.
- Your first independent teacher training you teach shall be through The Alaya Yoga School (we don’t want you to take our curriculum and manual and run with it! We want you to be a part of our team!)
- To optimize the successful production of AYS events, your 200HR AYS training must be approved by Ashleigh and Meg before launching.
- This program is designed to be completed in 1 year yet you have up to two years to complete it.
How to Apply
If you are close to completing your 300/500 Hour Advanced Training with Alaya Yoga School, please email us for more information and to begin the application process. Email us here.